Do you know that after getting mass gains with dozen days at the gym or in intense workout, if you do not plan a proper eating habit, you will easily eliminate what you have gained. My article today will walk you through some tips to get continuous mass gains even when you stop doing your workout.
Let’s me start with some important principles that you need to remember and follow when it comes to weight training.
Yeah, failure is unavoidable. It can happen to any sets apart from warm-up. This means that never stop trying and improving. Repeat the exercise until you can perform it in correct from.
Form is a must-be-gained factor when it comes to exercising for bodybuilding. Make sure that you have correct form because it benefits you much in stimulating the intended muscle group and protecting you from injury as well. Being in correct form can cause pain and agonizing, but you will be likely to grow best ever.
If you plan to build a good and solid muscle, pay more attention to free weights. Bench Presses, Bent over Rows, and Dumbbell Curls, are some of sample exercises which are should-be-included dishes in the meals of building mass.
This is true. Machines are ideal alternatives and great for isolating muscles.
It is important to lift huge. Let’s lift as heavy weight as possible, allowing you to improve your reps.
Reps should be in the range of 6 to 8 range, sometimes slightly higher or lower acceptable.
The workout set is different from trainer to trainer. If you lift as heavy weight as I recommend, you will be in fewer sets than usual. The amount of set and the exercises required to complete the set is different among body parts. And below is an example set for each body part:
- Chest: 13
- Back: 12
- Legs: 17
- Traps: 6
- Biceps: 12
- Triceps: 12
- Shoulders: 10
Let’s save your time when training. I was really surprised to see those who sit at the gym between sets and talk during about 10 minutes. This is rather than time wasting, but eliminates the benefits which they could get by increasing their routine. This doesn’t mean that you are now allowed to take a rest. Rest is necessary, but within a proper amount of time. 90 seconds is said to be a good staple, and you will find that your workouts are a lot quicker.
Ok, these are all about the exercising principles. Let’s move on to my detailed mass building routine for this fall and winter:
Day 1: Back and Chest Training
- Smooth Bench Barbell Press: 4 sets, including 8,6,4,4
- Rack Press: 3 sets including 6,4,4
- Extensive Grip Pull-ups: 3 sets including 6,4,4
- Curved over Barbell Rows: 4 sets including 8,6,6,4
- Placed Wide Grip Cable Rows: 3 sets including 6,6,4
- Slope Barbell Bench: 3 sets including 8,6,6
- Decline DB Press: 3 sets including 10,8,6
- Close Grip Pull downs – 2 sets including 6,4
Note: Rack Press is the exercise where you setup a bar in the squat frame, on the security pins about 6 inches far from your chest, getting under it on a smooth bench, then pressing, taking the bar down to rest on the security pins once finishing a rep.
Day 2: Legs and Abs Training
- Weakening Twisting Sit-ups: 3 maximum sets
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 maximum sets
- Squats: 3 sets including 8,5,3
- Leg Extension: Superset 6,6,4
- Leg Curls: Superset 6,6,4
- Hack Squats: 3 sets including 8,6,4
- Vertical Calf Raises: 3 sets including 12,10,8
- Hyperextensions: 3 sets including 15,12,12
- Leg Press Calf Raises: 2 sets including 10,8
Day 3: Triceps, Biceps, and Forearms Training
- Attentiveness Curls: 2 sets including 10,10
- Triceps Kickbacks: 2 sets including 6,6
- Dumbbell Preacher Benches: 3 sets including 8,6,6
- Barbell Wrist Curls: 3 sets including 8,6,6
- Overhead EZ-Bar Extensions: 3 sets including 8,6,4
- Vertical Bar Curls: 4 sets including 8,6,6,4
- Reverse Curls: 3 sets including 6,6,4
- Weighted Dips: 4 sets including 8,6,6,4
- Weakening Extensions: 3 sets including 6,4,4
Day 4: Shoulders and Abs Training
- Upright Rows: 3 sets including 6,4,4
- Rest and Recovery
- One Arm Side Cable Laterals: 2 sets including 8,8
- Martial Front Press: 2 sets including 8,6
- Lying Leg Raises: 3 maximum sets
- Hanging Side Knee Ups: 3 maximum sets
- Crunches: 2 maximum sets
- Behindhand Neck Press: 4 sets including 8,6,6,4
- Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets including 6,6,4
I don’t plan what day to workout. I perform them whenever I find it necessary and plan at least four training days, making sure that every part is trained once a week, at least. Generally, I have 5 days, and sometimes 6 training days a week, but I prefer to doing it unconsciously while tracking your body to following a schedule. At the time of training, perform the next set in line. Recovering and supplementing account for the 15% of the balance. Remember that no recovery means no growth.
Sleep is important during the period of recovery. Plan to sleep 8 hours every night. If this is impossible, take advantages of free times during the days and weekend to sleep. Sometimes I get 6 hours to sleep at night, but when it is weekend, I manage to make this number 10 hours.
Yeah, with all the information above, it can be concluded that the solution to constant mass muscle gains is the combination of taking part in the gym (or having equipment at home), hitting as heavy weights as you can, and stop the journey and rest and recover. Of course, a proper diet is also important. So are you ready to make some changes? Stand up and follow the instruction right now!