Spin bike manufacturers who have years working with spin bikes have succeeded in offering high-quality and affordable to their dear users. There have been dozen spin bike models created which belong to different categories and are sold at different price points. So which item is really for you? Consider my honest spin bike reviews for your reasonable answer.
- 1 What to consider when buying a Spin Bike?
- 2 Top 5 Best Spin Bikes on the 2017 – 2018 Market
- 2.0.1 Under $400: Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 2.0.2 Under $300: Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Trainer
- 2.0.3 Under $200: Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike (Pink)
- 2.0.4 Under $1000: Sole Fitness SB700 Exercise Bike
- 2.0.5 Under $500: Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Trainer – 49 lb. Flywheel
- 3 Common Questions Asked About Spin Bikes
- 3.0.1 The bikes look comfortable, do they?
- 3.0.2 What physical problems can the bike help?
- 3.0.3 It is difficult to ride the bike?
- 3.0.4 Are they really fast in comparison with others in the field?
- 3.0.5 Are they safe enough?
- 3.0.6 How to stir a spin bike?
- 3.0.7 I am a slow rider! How to speed my process up?
- 4 Final Words
What to consider when buying a Spin Bike?
There are some key factors which you need to consider when it comes to invest in a spinning bike, regardless of the models you are going to invest in.
Designed at the front of a bike, the flywheel, as its name suggests, is the wheel which moves when you are pedaling. The heavier the flywheel is, the smoother the motion will be likely to be. Home use indoor bikes often have a 18kg- flywheel, commercial spin bikes include a flywheel which are in range of 20 to 22kg. The bike with a flywheel of less than 16kg weigh is not recommended. The flywheel weight differs from brand to brand, so this is really an important factor to consider when buying a spin exercise bike.
There are two different drive system types for you to choose from, they are chain and belt. And if it is possible, we would recommend belt driven spinning bikes. It is proven that a belt driven bike is more noiseless, needs less maintenance and it is easier to adjust the belt when necessary.
A good spinning bike should have sturdy and stable legs and frame. It can be hard to evaluate whether the frame of certain bike is good or not, especially when you order it through the internet. So let’s study it carefully before making the final decision.
Spin bikes introduce 3 different braking system types, including fabric pad, leather pad and magnetic breaking, of which, fabric pads come with only entry level for home use Indoor bikes. Leather pads are durable in comparison with fabric pads and often found in high end domestic and commercial indoor bikes. And magnetic braking systems are quiet when working for it has contact with other parts, introduces greater range of resistance, and doesn’t need any maintenance or replacement. And magnetic braking system is most recommended for a breaking system.
There are 4 different types of resistance, namely, cable, electronic magnet, manual screw, and electromagnetic.
Cable system is designed in lower end Indoor bikes. It can slip and is not very reliable, so we advise you not to invest in it.
Electronic magnet relies on a small motor to make the magnet closer to and farther away from the wheel. It lets you check your resistance levels and is important to operate programs. This resistance types is popular in higher end indoor bikes and reliable enough for you to invest in, we believe.
Manual screw is normally built in mid-high level resistance pad indoor bikes. Among the 4 types of resistance, it is reliable enough but doesn’t allow you to track your resistance level.
Electromagnetic has the same working way as electronic magnets but it doesn’t include moving parts and is not popular in the market now.
This is a recommended part when it comes to a home use indoor bike. Most of consoles introduce the same values, but some items have values about programmes and heart rate and some others don’t.
Top 5 Best Spin Bikes on the 2017 – 2018 Market
Here are best spinning bike reviews on the market at the moment. Again, they are top rated bike reviews. They are helpful because not only do they narrow your choice, but also they provide you with basic information so that you can make your own choice.
Under $400: Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
This bike is also known with another name, which is SF-B901 Pro. SF-B901 Pro is a no-frills, basic indoor bike. It maybe now overshadowed by many more goo-looking indoor cycle models and spinning bikes which boast an array of computer features and slight luxuries, but it is an ideal choice for those who are on budget and simply want a reliable, strong and durable bike to work out comfortably at home.
It is lightweight but sturdy and durable. In addition, the ideal feature of 40lb flywheel will help to enhance your workout’s efficiency. Besides, the adjustable seat, handlebars and resistance levels allow you to adjust it to suit yourself. For more features, please take a look at the following part:
- It is an indoor bike with a flywheel of 40pounds
- It comes with light crank and charming chain drive mechanism
- The seat and handlebars are fully adjustable for comfort
- Resistance systems are also adjustable, allowing for a range of users and various challenges for you to try
- The including of transport wheels makes it much easier for you to remove it to storage area
- It supports users of up to 275 pounds
- It is measured 20 x 46.5 x 48.5 inches (W x H x D)
- The left pedal requires to be screwed in counter clockwise
- It requires assembly for the first time after being unpacked
Under $300: Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycle Trainer
- This bike features fully-adjustable seat
- It allows smooth and comfortable workout
- You can watch films, read books or do some other entertaining things while working out
- It works for users weighting up to 275 lbs
- The chain-drive mechanism makes sure smooth and quiet workouts
- Both crank and steel frame are heavy-duty
- It comes with adjustable seat height
- It introduces a flywheel of 22lb
- The design of chain drive mechanism claims smooth and silent workouts
- The crank and steel frame are lightweight
- The level resistance are adjustable
- It reveals you important values when working out like speed, distance, time, and calories
- It supports users weighting up to 240LBS
- Its assembled dimensions are 32L x 22W x 45H inches
- The master carton dimension is 26L x 10W x 23H inches
Under $1000: Sole Fitness SB700 Exercise Bike
For a firm frame and long-lasting lifetime, this bike is made of solid steel tubing and aluminum shroud. It also includes two wheels along the front which works as touch points for easier movement. The flywheel is forty-eight pounds and comes with a knob right under the handle bars, claiming easy adjustment throughout your workout. The detailed features coming with the bike can be listed as below:
- It is a perfect stationary bike with a flywheel of 48 pound and knob turn modifiable resistance
- Its integrated blue, backlit LCD console shows values about RPM, time, distance, speed and Kcal as well
- It works with wireless chest strap, allowing monitoring heart rate
- The various adjustment of fore-aft and up-down adjustments is available for both seat and handlebars
- Warranty policy is separately applied for each part: frame: lifetime warranty; parts or electric: three year warranty; labor: one year warranty
- It comes with completely adjusted seat and handlebar which claims to offer comfort
- The belt transmission is horizontal and quiet
- The steel frame and crank are lightweight
- The various adjustable resistance levels make it good a range of users
- It introduces a metal bottle container, making it convenient for drink storage
- The addition of flywheels offers easier portability and storage
- It is ideal choice for those who are in wish of weight loss
Common Questions Asked About Spin Bikes
The bikes look comfortable, do they?
Definitely, it is extremely comfortable. I myself have checked it and I can say this for sure. My whole body part fits my bike very well. Thanks to the pedals designed in front of the seat, the bike allows as wide seat adjustment as we are. And for the fact that seat doesn’t fit between your legs, it doesn’t make any pressure on your body parts there. Plus, your lower back is made to be relaxed, and well supported during your workout. Your hands aren’t being leaned either. Your arms aren’t holding you up, making you feel bump throughout the handlebars. In short, it claims that you can cycle a long distances with comfort and free from saddle sores.
What physical problems can the bike help?
Some common physical problems that can be cured with this exercise include:
- Butt and crotch pain or numbness.
- Wrist and hand problems.
- Neck, shoulder and back pain
- Pinched nerves.
- Male impotence
- Prostate enlargement
It is difficult to ride the bike?
The answer here is “no”. You may need one or two miles to get used to with the machine. At first, you may feel some differences when handling, but you will be able to lean back and relax soon. Even your children can make use of the bike.
Are they really fast in comparison with others in the field?
Yes, they are. These bikes are claimed to be among the leading products when they are put in any their possible races. However, it is not automatically fast. Its speed depends on some more factors, such as how often, how far and how hard you ride your bike.
Are they safe enough?
Of course. They are certainly safe. It is designed with the most advanced technology which aims at security first. Let’s look closer at some more explanations. When you have an accident with a traditional bike, your head tends to arrive first. But in case of the spin bikes like this, you will be likely to arrive feet first. So in the worst situation that you get involved in an accident, you maybe simply break an ankle.
How to stir a spin bike?
There are two frequently-applied ways to steer a recumbent, they are over seat steering (OSS) and under seat steering (USS). With OSS way, the handlebars are at shoulder height. And with USS way, the handlebars are just under the seat. OSS is easier if you conduct the product for the first time. It also looks more conventional.
I am a slow rider! How to speed my process up?
We can’t say this for sure. It depends on how often and how hard you ride your bike. Some users find they are faster almost after the first riding time. Some other needs a certain period of time to improve their speed on the bike, especially those who have cycled with an upright bike. However, providing that you practice fluently, your speed will get improved, sooner or later.
Ok, above are the most basic information about a spin bike that any riders want to know when it comes to invest in a new item. How much knowledge have you got? Have you found answer for the question that what is the best spin bike for me? If you say “no”, then you should look through the article one more time, think of your own demands and budget condition, and you will find your best spinning bikes soon.