There has been various exercise equipment and recumbent exercise bike is currently one of the most commonly purchased items on the internet, especially during the recent years. This exercise equipment works for a range of users and meets their demands, no matter what their fitness levels are. Additionally, the process is claimed to be simple, easy and will be likely to result in amazing result. Are you curious about it, right? So how to choose the best recumbent exercise bike for yourself while there are such diverse models available now? Yeah, my honest recumbent bike reviews today will provide you with 10 best items which are now preferable in the market. Are you ready to discover?
- 1 Things to Consider
- 2 Top 10 Best Recumbent Bike in Market
- 2.0.1 Under $500: Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- 2.0.2 Under $200: Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
- 2.0.3 Under $400: Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2.0.4 Under $300: Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
- 2.0.5 Under $1000: Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
- 2.0.6 Velocity Exercise CHB-R2101 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2.0.7 Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike with MyCloudFitness App
- 2.0.8 ProGear 190 Compact Recumbent Bike with Heart Pulse Sensors
- 2.0.9 Sunny Health & Fitness Pink Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2.0.10 Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 3 Conclusion
Things to Consider
There are some factors that you should consider when it comes to choosing the best recumbent bike . Let’s take a look at the information below:
What are your home exercise goals?
It is vital to determine how often you will use the bike and what your specific exercise goals are before picking an item. The optimism and the eager to beginning an exercise program commonly urge you to try a more elaborate recumbent exercise bike and expensive piece of equipment than it should be. So be serious, think of how much you will use the bike and how intense you wish with it. Once you make realistic decisions, you will easily be able to choose the item which best match your fitness goals.
What are standard features inside the exercises bike?
No matter how much is it or how it is designed, each exercise bike should feature certain features. And as a rider, you should base on those features to come to a final decision on what bike to purchase. In general, it is advisable to choose the item of varying resistance levels. In terms of parts, there are also some rules, for example, the seat should be flexibly adjustable an comfortable to sit in, the pedals should be large enough for any foot sizes, with a strap or toe cage to keep the foot in the place. Some more desired features include heart-rate monitors, programming choices, an LCD display, so on.
How is the noise the bike makes?
Some exercise bike types make quite big noise when working, especially those that come with air resistance. You may find this not a matter, but a noise may become a distraction during your process, be a concern to around people and prevent you from enjoying music, reading, or watching television while riding.
What about the bike’s stability
The bike shouldn’t move while you are riding. The heavier the bike is, the more stable it tends to be; however, don’t choose the one which is too heavy for you to move. And to deal with this issue, a lot of bikes come with a built-in transport system with wheels, allowing easier transportation.
Is the bike safe for your kids?
It is reported from U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission that almost 8,700 kids under 5 years old and 16,500 children of 5 to 14 years old get injured while exercising with exercise equipment every year. So to stop this from happening with you and your children, as an adult, please look for a bike that comes with a covered wheel and chain so that young children cannot get their fingers and other body parts pinched.
Scrutinize the Warranty
It is said that exercise bikes should have at least a one-year guarantee, including the labor. So why the labor guarantees should be included? Yeah, most manufacturers currently include longer guarantee for parts and frames, but the labor warranty is important since it requires a technician to come out to your home for service and repair purposes. This is better in comparison with the fact that you have to take your machine to the factory for service, right?
Top 10 Best Recumbent Bike in Market
The world of recumbent exercise bike in the market now is so diverse. There have dozen models with different features for you to choose from. The question apposed is that how to have the best items out of such a wide selection like this. Yeah, the Top 10 Recumbent Exercise Bike reviews below will help you all.
Under $500: Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Yeah, Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike should be named first when it comes to buying a good exercise bike. Besides amazing features that many other items don’t offer, it is able to work for anyone, even you are a fitness guru or a novice. One noticeable features coming with this item is that it comes close with only the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike. And this combination almost leaves no downsides. So what are more significant features inside it? Let’s take a look at the list below:
- The machine is designed with a dual track two LCD window system which allows you to make control over up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export lets you know where you are during the process so that you can reach your fitness goals more easily
- There are up to 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking to maintain your motivation and give you more challenges
- 25 resistance level aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel contributes to making every workout smooth and quiet
- It allows USB charging and data exchange
Under $200: Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
The Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity is another should-be-named exercise bike. Not only it is convenient to every user, it is also affordable. Experiencing it, you can choose to maintain your normal workout or challenge yourself with new workout. In addition, it is movable with wheels included.
And here is the list of remarkable features inside it:
- It is among a few best stationary bike which introduces challenging cardiovascular workout and minimize stress on your joints and back at the same time
- It has an eight-level magnetic tension control system which permits you to modify your own workout and challenge yourself after certain period of time
- There is a large and easy-to-read LCD display to show you information like distance, time, speed, calories burned, while you are riding
- It comes with a three-year manufacturer’s warranty
Under $400: Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
Good fat reduction, stamina increase, and cardiovascular improvement are three most remarkable things that need to be named when it comes to this bike. So by what way this bike type can work for those functions? Let’s take a look at the list of its key features below:
- It is one of not many exercise bikes which includes up to 8 preset resistance levels
- The knob is easy-to-adjust and tension-tightening, making sure that it can works for users of different fitness levels
- It introduces big console display to track basic information during the workout, such as speed, distance, time, and calories burned
- The pedals are counterbalanced with flexible foot straps and built-in wheels for easier moving
- The dimensions are: 55 x 40 x 25 inches (W x H x D) and 66 pounds (weighs)
Under $300: Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
Checking this exercise bike, you are guaranteed to enjoy every benefit of a high-grade indoor exercise bike at home. This compact exercise bike introduces a complete array of pro features such as charming tension control, a high-torque crank system, noiseless V-belt drive, and a big-size LCD computer display. In addition, the 8-level charming tensions system lets you modify your workout’s difficulty levels, resulting in smooth, consistent rotation. For more information about the main features inside the machine, let’s take a look at the following bullet points:
- It is a foldable exercise bike with noiseless V-belt double-drive transmission system
- It introduces precision-balanced flywheel and 8-level modifiable magnetic tension control system
- The clear LCD display allows you to catch the information about your current workout, such as the distance, time, speed, heart rate and the burned calories
- It is semi-recumbent designed, which allows easy entry and exit
- The seat cushion is large and backrest
- It is able to hold the weighs of up to 300 pounds
- The dimensions: 19 x 46 x 33 inches (W x H x D)
Under $1000: Diamondback 510SR Fitness Recumbent Bike
With up to 16 increments of resistance, the machine claims that you will gradually boost your fitness intensity, and the 20 workout programs makes sure that you will find a suitable pace for yourself. And like some other advanced exercise bike, this bike allows you to track the your burned calories thanks to real-time feedback on LCD electronic display, otherwise, you can also incline the display down to watch your home television without having to strain your neck. Speaking about design, this bike meets basic standards of diamondback, includes firm steel magnetic flywheel and steel-crafted elements. And it is said to be the recumbent bike which is built to last. You are wondering what basic features inside are? Keep reading the following information:
- It introduces up to 20 workout programs which all include target heart rate and 16 different resistance levels
- It has a LCD display which shows real-time feedback during your workout. QuickSet program keys and scrolling message center are also included
- It has a cohesive speaker system, foldout magazine rack, variable cooling fan and cup holder
- There is also addition of sculptured seat base and back, modifiable console and arm workout
- The warranty policy is applied to certain factors, particularly, frame and brake: lifetime limited; parts and electronics: 3 years; labor: 1 year; wear items: 90 days
Velocity Exercise CHB-R2101 Recumbent Exercise Bike
This exercise bike claims to offer you your desired exercise while enjoying comfort of being at home. It features a reclined design, providing more comfort when you sit down in the machine or while you are pedaling your way into fitness . Also, it allows you to track our progress by following the easy-to-read display!
Speaking about CAP Barbell CAP Barbell, it is the leading distributor and fitness equipment supplier. First coming to the market in 1982 with a small record of free weights and benches, CAP Barbell has experienced over 20+ years to add more than 600 products of 10 different categories. Some of the key features coming with the product include:
- It introduces eight different preset resistance levels
- It includes two way flywheel, claiming a comfortable and flat ride
- It is designed with built- in transport wheels, allowing easy carriage and storage
- It is equipped with padded foot pedals with adjustable straps and a powder-coated finish included
- It has large console display for tracking time, speed, ODO, distance, calories burned and hand pulse as well.
Exerpeutic 4000 Magnetic Recumbent Bike with MyCloudFitness App
This bicycle, along with MyCloudFitness App makes its workout better than your expectation. Designed with built-in IOS-compatable Bluetooth mobile app tracking, this machine allows you to connect and watch movies, check your email, or listen to music. The display comes with 7 preset workout programs and is adjustable so that you can retain your own customs routines. Additionally, you are allowed to keep track of your heart rate, calories burned, distance you have traveled and more. The combination of fly-wheel and belt drive claims a smooth, quiet motion. Are you curious about some more amazing features? Please follow the details below:
- It is designed with large and oversized air soft seat and makes use of aerodynamic health care technology, which allows air to breathe through the fabric
- It has the addition of Mobile App Tracking, which makes use of built in Bluetooth technology to let the you follow your workout results whenever and wherever you want
- It is built with a 12 Workout Programmable Computer revealing you time, distance, RPM, Watts, Heart Rate Control during the workout and 4 settings
- The Magnetic Tension system if 24 levels allows you to make adjustment, using computer console
- It supports the weight of up to 325lbs.
- There is also instruction for troubleshooting steps which is very helpful when you are in trouble with the machine.
ProGear 190 Compact Recumbent Bike with Heart Pulse Sensors
Known as one of the best spin bikes, the PROGEAR 190 Recumbent Bike allows you to fold it up and roll it away once you don’t need it. It is able to support up weight of up to 275 lbs. Known as high torque 3 piece smooth crank systems, but the including of heart pulse and a 8 level tension system makes it at an affordable price.
Here are details about the key features inside the machine:
- It has semi- recumbent design, making it easy for you to get off and on the bike, and finally resulting in a more a more effective and comfortable workout
- It comes with extended leg stabilizers which helps to prevent movement or tipping during your exercising
- It can be folded for easier storage and you can move it easily, using the included transportation wheels
- The Magnetic Tension control system of 8 levels lets you control the tension level as your desire
- The easy to read large window LCD display shows you distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and heart rate monitor that you are making.
- The addition of hand pulse monitoring keeps you staying within your Target Heart Rate Zone
- The 3 piece “high torque” cranking system offers a smooth and steady pedaling motion
- The V- belt drive promises a smooth and quiet operation, so you will not be interfered while watching TV or listening to music.
Sunny Health & Fitness Pink Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
This is one more amazing exercise bike. Like other items in top rated list, it comes with dozen awesome features, guarantee simple and effective workout. Since its first launching, it has got high rating from users all over the world. And here are exactly what this item features:
- It is designed with speedy and consistent magnetic resistance system
- It includes manual resistance adjustment of up to 8 different levels
- The LCD display is available for you to catch information about Speed, Distance, Time, so on… during your workout
- The place of heart rate sensors allows for natural hand positioning
- You are free to adjust things like tension, seat, pedal straps to your own desire
Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Exercise Bike
This is a semi-reclined position exercise bike which focuses on muscles in hips, thighs, and buttocks. And here are key features contributing to such working way:
- It tones your upper body, using rotating handlebars
- It comes with a pushing and pulling pedal movement, claiming a full workout
- The silent magnetic resistance claims smooth and quiet operation
- It introduces both a low-impact aerobic and cardiovascular workout
- It includes the workout intensity of 8 different levels, making sure that you will never have to stop during your workout
- The electronic battery-operated and multi-function monitor lets you know information about things like speed, distance, calories burned…
- There is also adjustable flywheels and belt-drive train, allowing for a smooth ride
- The built-in pulse measurement is available on every handlebar
- It is helpful for weight loss
Ok, it’s time to wrap my reviews. So what have you got about these senior Recumbent Exercise Bikes? Are they great and worth your money? Actually, each of the bike above features certain things and comes with certain benefits, but they are all highly recommended product in the market, so no matter which item you are going to invest in, never worry about the quality. All of what you need is to consider your own demands, studying the best rated items above, buy the one most suitable with you, and finally enjoy effective and smooth workout. Are you ready?
If you are wondering between types. Read our comparison of Recumbent Bike vs Upright Bike