Are you in search of a treadmill for Zwift and gaming? In this post, we’ve got you covered.
A treadmill is primarily a piece of equipment meant for indoor exercising. It can either be used for walking, running or climbing exercises. Different types of treadmills are produced by different brands.
Presently, you can spice up your workout sessions engaging in treadmill games like Zwift and others. Zwift is a running game and training program that takes your treadmill workout sessions to a whole new level. It connects you with others in a virtual world so you can interact and compete with one another.
As a trainer who has an interest in making use of Zwift and other games, it is important to get a treadmill that is compatible with them. If you want to get such a treadmill, it is ideal that you opt for nothing but the best.
In this post, the 10 best treadmills for Zwift and gaming will be listed. First of all, why should you use a treadmill with Zwift and other games?
Benefits Of Using A Treadmill For Zwift And Gaming
- Fun exercising: One of the major reasons why people play games is to have fun. That is exactly what you will be doing while using a treadmill along with Zwift or other games. Most people will get tired or bored exercising indoors especially with a treadmill that fixes you in one position. With Zwift and other treadmill games, there will be no room for boredom.
- Exercise with others: Some treadmill games let you exercise with others via group runs. It gives you a multi-player gaming experience as you get to virtually meet other trainers like you with various exercising goals. You can challenge other trainers you meet and also gain access to their workout schedules.
- Outdoor experience: With Zwift you can run in a virtual outdoor environment. This gives you an outdoor running experience without going outdoors. Also, in the virtual world, there would be no cases of weather, traffic or other obstructions common with outdoor running. You can choose different cities and routes for different outdoor experiences.
- Keep you focused: if you use a treadmill along with Zwift and other ideal games, it will be difficult for you to lose focus. With your interest in the screen, you won’t be drawn away by any nearby distraction. Rather than losing focus, you will be motivated to meet your exercising goals by following the workout routines and races.
- Exercise details: Most treadmill games display your running speed, miles covered, cadence, heart rate, and more. If your treadmill has a display screen, you will find these displays incorporated as well. Zwift treadmill games will come in handy if you use a treadmill without a display. They let you keep track of your exercising by providing you with your exercise details.
These are some of the benefits you gain when you use a treadmill with Zwift and other games.
How To Select A Treadmill For Zwift And Gaming
There are many treadmills available so it might be difficult to pick the ideal one for Zwift and gaming.
To select the right product, the following should be considered:
- Speed: Speed is one of the most important factors to consider when picking an ideal treadmill for Zwift and gaming. Zwift is a running game so the right treadmill for it would be one with a high speed, Ideally 10 mph or higher. However, a walking treadmill with low speeds can be used with walking games.
- Motor Power: For Zwift running, a treadmill with motor power up to 2.5 CHP is ideal. A good motor power ensures that the correct speed level is maintained transmitted. Using a treadmill with a low horsepower will stress you as the belt will gradually slow down as you run.
- Ease of use: How easy is it to operate the treadmill? The question should be answered before you purchase any treadmill. Some treadmills have complex features that make using them difficult. To be able to Zwift run and engage in other games, you need a treadmill that you will have no trouble operating.
- Mobile App: These are associated with smart treadmills. Smart treadmills are considered best for Zwift and gaming because they connect directly and most would not require foot pods. The connection is made via the mobile application as it is connected with the treadmill. The mobile app transmits your exact speed to Zwift and some can transmit cadence as well.
- Size: This has to do with your convenience. You need to choose the treadmills that meet your space requirements. Generally, consumer treadmills for home use are usually not very big. If you are considering getting a commercial treadmill or ex-gym treadmill, then you should worry about the size.
Listed in this section are the 10 best treadmills for Zwift and gaming:
The True Fitness brand is a renowned manufacturing brand in the world that has been producing for close to 40 years. The True Performance 300 treadmill is one of the functional products of the brand.
It was made with quality materials which make it very durable and long-lasting. The machine has a 3 CHP drive motor and a top speed of 12 mph. The speed is adjustable from 0.5 mph.
It is a smart treadmill which can be directly paired to Zwift tech and other treadmill games; it features GymTrackr App Integration. Its 8.5 LCD displays your exercise information as you exercise. The machine does not put stress on knees and joints as it features an orthopedic belt. It has the TRUE HRC Cruise Control that lets you set your target heart rate.
There are about 2 saved workouts and 9 preset workouts for you to work with. The True Performance 300 treadmill weighs about 400 pounds with a relatively wide running surface. It comes with a lifetime warranty so you are assured of quality.
The E-TRxe treadmill is one of the trademark products from the Star Trac brand. It is a machine designed to help people exercise in a very efficient manner. This treadmill is powered by a 5 HP motor and has a top speed of 15 mph. It was manufactured using durable materials and has features that make it ideal for Zwift and gaming.
The machine can connect directly to Zwift using the GEM module and it has integrated iPod connectivity. It has a 15’’ HD touch screen with an intuitive interface for users to keep track of their exercises; this also makes the treadmill easy to use. The treadmill performs well in shock absorption as it features the Soft Trac triple cell neoprene rubber.
It has a weight of about 477 pounds and the platform can hold up to 500 pounds of weight. The Star Trac coach is featured on this machine and it comes with over 1 million workout routines. You can try a different routine each time you want to exercise.
This is a treadmill with a 2.5 HP drive motor, it features 3 manual incline percentages and can be used for Zwift and other treadmill gaming. It has an adjustable speed setting from 0 to 10 mph and operating it is simple.
Welso Cadence G 5.9i Cadence Folding treadmill lets you enjoy comfortable workout sessions; moreover, its comfort shell cushioning technology provides support to your knees and joints. It features a Bluetooth technology that lets you connect to the iFit coach for personalized exercising. This technology can also be used to connect to Zwift and other games.
Aside from iFit, there are about six pre-installed workout programs you can make use of without hassles. There is a blue tint LCD screen and displays exercise details like time, heart rate, and distance.
Besides that, Welso Cadence G 5.9i Cadence Folding Treadmill does not take up much space; it can be easily folded for storage. It has a maximum weight recommendation of 275 pounds. The treadmill comes with a one-year motor warranty and a 90-day warranty on other parts.
It is possible to use this treadmill for Zwift and other treadmill game applications. The Nordic Track T 6.5 Treadmill is powered by a 2.6 CHP motor with a 10 percent incline control. The treadmill speed is adjustable; it starts from 0 mph and reaches a maximum speed of 10 mph.
This treadmill has Bluetooth technology that lets you connect to iFit for improved training. It cannot be directly paired with Zwift but you can use it to Zwift run using a foot pod or treadtracker. It features a 5” backlit display that provides you with your workout details so you can keep track of them.
One of its interesting perks is that this treadmill is easy-to-use and the motor does not generate much noise. It features FlexSelect cushioning which lets you enjoy a comfortable workout session. Space Saver design ensures that the treadmill occupies not much space; it can be folded after use for compact storage. The maximum weight the treadmill can hold is 300 pounds while it weighs 193 pounds itself.
Another ideal treadmill for Zwift and gaming is the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Treadmill. It is a high-quality treadmill for efficient exercising. The treadmill operates with a 2.25 HP motor and can reach a top speed of 10 mph. The speed is adjustable from 0.5 mph.
It comes with 12 pre-installed workout programs to help you reach your exercising goals. To use this treadmill with Zwift, the user would need to get a foot pod. It has a good HP motor so it transmits correct speeds to Zwift and other running games. Also, this treadmill incorporates a cushioned deck that works as an impact absorber and supports you.
The 5” LCD provides you with details of your exercising such as speed, distance, calories, incline, and a few others. There are other buttons on the console that makes this XTERRA folding treadmill efficient and easy to use. The maximum weight recommendation for this treadmill is 250 pounds. It weighs 108 pounds and this treadmill can be folded for easy storage.
This is another high-quality treadmill for Zwift and gaming. It incorporates a one-touch speed feature that lets you switch between speed levels with ease. Also, 3G Cardio Pro Runner is powered by a 3.0 HP duty motor which comes with a lifetime warranty. The speed range is from 0.5 mph to 12 mph and it increases in 1 mph intervals.
This 3G Cardio Treadmill features a pro console with an LED and LCD screen. The console features simple controls so one won’t find it difficult to operate this machine. It comes with an orthopedic belt that has a soft texture which makes exercising comfortable. The powerful motor and high top speed make it ideal for Zwift running with a foot pod or treadtracker.
It comes with 2 custom programs and 8 pre-installed programs which help you improve your workout schedules. The treadmill has a maximum user weight of 350 pounds while it weighs 216 pounds. As a space-saving treadmill, you can fold it up into a compact size after use.
SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine is a treadmill that can be used for walking, running, and jogging. The drive system is 1 HP and it has a top speed of 6 mph, adjustable from 0.6. It has a wide running deck with a wide belt so you get enough space to comfortably exercise.
This treadmill connects with the Fitshow sports app via Bluetooth. You can also use this Bluetooth connectivity to connect the Zwift app and other treadmill games that support it. You can monitor your exercise via the LCD screen. Details like distance covered, speed, heart rate, calories burned, and more are displayed.
It comes with a preset training mode which makes it easy for you to create your workout pattern. Using this treadmill is safe as it features an emergency shut off button and a safety key. It folds up for convenient storage and has wheels for increased portability.
SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine is lightweight as it weighs just 67 pounds with a maximum weight capacity of 265 pounds. SereneLife Smart Digital treadmill is among the best consumer-grade treadmills for Zwift and gaming.
This T216 treadmill from Bowflex is one of the best treadmills for Zwift and gaming due to its powerful features.
New users will not have any trouble setting it up for use as the assembly instructions are clear and concise. A 4.0 CHP drive motor powers the Bowflex Treadmill T216. It has a top speed of 20 km/h and can be adjusted easily.
This treadmill works with the Bowflex JRNY application for custom workouts which can be paired with using Bluetooth connectivity. You can also connect the treadmill with any other treadmill games that support Bluetooth connectivity.
Nevertheless, the running path is relatively wide giving one enough room to exercise and it incorporates a 15 percent incline which is easy to change.
The Bowflex Treadmill T216 weighs about 340 pounds; besides, it can hold up a weight of 400 pounds. It is ideal for comfortable exercising as it features the Comfort Tech deck cushioning system.
Nevertheless, 11 workout programs are included to assist you in your workout sessions. Activities of your workouts are displayed on the back-lit LCD screen. The Soft Drop folding deck makes it possible for this T216 treadmill to be folded after use.
The T101 treadmill is a sophisticated product from the Horizon Fitness brand which is ideal for treadmill gaming.
It is a lightweight machine with just 165 pounds of weight although it can hold up to 300 pounds. The drive motor is a 2.5 CHP system and it features an incline adjustable from 0 – 10 percent. It attains a top speed of 10 mph; however, the speed can be adjusted starting from 0.5 mph.
This treadmill features Bluetooth connectivity that lets you connect with your mobile device to stream videos and audios and it has 3 LED screens for display. The running surface is moderately sized and would be ideal for anyone to exercise with ease.
The Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill comes with several extra features like a water bottle holder, table rack, audio jack, and more. It can be used for Zwift and other treadmill games due to its high performance. You can play your phone or tablet in the device holder to see the virtual world. Also, it incorporates a FeatherLight folding frame so it can be folded for compact storage.
This is considered an entry-level treadmill that is recommended for walking and jogging. It is powered by a 600w drive motor. The speed can be set at different levels from 0 – 6.2 mph and it has a fixed incline angle. It can be used for Zwift along with a foot pod.
The featured LED screen displays calories burned, time taken, distance covered, and speed. It lets you monitor your sessions without difficulty. There are simple controls on the console which makes this treadmill easy to operate.
Nevertheless, this treadmill weighs 49 pounds and has a maximum user weight recommendation of 250 pounds. It is a folding treadmill; hence, users can store and/or transport the treadmill without hassle. It would make a good purchase if you require a large-sized treadmill for Zwift.
Safety Tips For Using A Treadmill For Zwift And Gaming
Safety is very important while exercising with a treadmill. If you intend to use a treadmill for Zwift and gaming, you should take note of the enlisted safety tips below:
- Screen Placement: The screen where you view the virtual characters should be placed correctly. Your screen could be your mobile phone, a monitor, or a TV. Preferably, it should be positioned opposite the treadmill so you look forward to viewing. Placing it sideways might make you uncomfortable and cause you to lose your balance.
- Look Forward: This is a safety tip that is always stressed. Ensure your eyes are fixed forward while exercising. You should not look down at your feet to avoid moving sideways and getting injured. Since you’re making use of Zwift or any other game, you should look at the screen where the action is displayed.
- Use the safety features: There are setting features on treadmills that are included for safety, so you should make use of them. Some treadmills do feature an emergency stop button to immediately stop the machine at any time. Also, there are safety clips that you can attach to your clothes for the same function.
- Watch your footwear: There are exercising shoes recommended for use on a treadmill; therefore, you should put them on before stepping on the machine. Also, you would want to make sure your foot pods are well connected so they interact properly with Zwift.
Exercising on a treadmill with games such as Zwift makes indoor workouts very interesting. They come with features that enable you to reach your workout goals while having fun.
With Zwift, you get to join others in the virtual world and you can learn from them. Also, it gives you a similar experience to what you’d get when exercising outdoors. The fact that you won’t be interrupted gives it a bit of an edge over outdoor running.
You should note that any treadmill will work with Zwift – consumer, commercial, and smart treadmills. However, smart treadmills have the upper hand as they can be paired directly with Zwift using special technologies. For other treadmills, a foot pod or treadtracker will be used and you get the same experience.
The treadmills listed above are ideal treadmills for Zwift and gaming. They are produced by top brands and have powerful drive systems for ideal speeds. Any of them would make a good purchase if you need a treadmill for Zwift running.
To get the best gaming experience, you should use a large screen. Most users make use of their phones, but with the screen being small, you might have a hard time viewing the game characters. A TV, monitor, or tablet would be ideal as they have larger screen sizes.